Land Acquisition of Noida Airport is probably going to start

By Bricksnwall | 2023-05-04

Land Acquisition of Noida Airport is probably going to start

The expansion of Noida International Airport is soon to begin, with the acquisition of land expected to commence within two months. The development is aimed at improving air connectivity to the National Capital Region (NCR) and boosting the country's aviation sector.

According to reports, the airport, which is being built in the Jewar area of Greater Noida, is expected to be one of the largest in the country once completed. The first phase of the project is expected to cost around Rs 4,588 crore and will include the construction of a terminal building with a capacity of handling 12 million passengers annually.

The airport will be developed on a public-private partnership (PPP) model, with the government holding a 51% stake and the remaining 49% being held by the concessionaire. The airport will be developed in four phases, with the first phase expected to be completed by 2023.

The new airport is expected to have two runways and the capacity to handle around 70 million passengers annually, making it one of the largest airports in the world. It will also have a dedicated cargo terminal and other ancillary facilities.

As the project moves forward, the Uttar Pradesh government has already started the process of acquiring land from farmers. The government has promised that the farmers whose land is being acquired will be adequately compensated and the process will be completed within a year.

The expansion of the airport is expected to have a positive impact on the local economy, with the creation of job opportunities and increased investments in the region. It is also expected to attract more tourists to the area and further promote the development of the Noida-Greater Noida region.

In addition to the expansion of the airport, the Indian government has been implementing various measures to improve air connectivity in the country. One such measure is the UDAN scheme, which aims to improve connectivity to remote and regional areas by providing financial incentives to airlines.

The government has also been working on improving airport infrastructure across the country, with the construction of new airports and the expansion of existing ones. This has resulted in a significant increase in air traffic in the country in recent years, making India one of the fastest-growing aviation markets in the world.

The expansion of the Noida International Airport is a step in the right direction for the Indian aviation sector and will go a long way in improving air connectivity in the NCR. With the government's continued efforts to improve infrastructure and connectivity, India's aviation sector is expected to continue its growth trajectory in the years to come.

Overall, the expansion of the Noida International Airport is a positive development for the region and the country as a whole. It is expected to have a significant impact on the local economy and help boost the country's aviation sector. As the project moves forward, it will be interesting to see the progress made and the benefits it brings to the region.